Love is in the air!
Valentine’s Day is around the corner (literally, it’s tomorrow)! Did it sneak up on you? Don’t worry, if you haven’t quite gotten around to planning something mind-blowing for your special someone, it’s not too late – check out our list of 5 exciting things to do in Montreal this Valentine’s Day.
Take your date on a romantic excursion in Old Montreal! The city has horse-drawn carriage rides every 60 minutes that take you on a scenic tour of Old Port for two!
Dating an animal lover? Take your s/o to either Le Doggy Cafe or the Cat Cafe based on their animal preferences (of course).
Not only will your s/o absolutely love the ambiance and giant pink blossom tree inside the restaurant setting the perfect scene for romance, but Le Blossom’s sushi and sake are absolute to die for!
If you really want to spice it up and surprise your s/o, try booking a romantic spa day or evening for two at Bota Bota. From the view to the service, the Old Port staple will surely blow you and your date away!
Keməstrē Bar Gourmet
Feel like indulging in some drinks and delicious food? Keməstrē is your place to be! Try their excellent mixology drinks created by luxury vodka brand Grey Goose and the delectable bites from a menu curated by one of North America’s top Chef; Joe Mercuri. Oh, not to mention it’s right next door!
What will you and your Valentine do on this special day in Montreal? Share your experience with us in the comment section below or by tagging @stcathys on social media.
Straight out the 6.
World renowned Candian rapper Drake is about as familiar with investing in projects and partnering with companies as he is with promoting his home base, Toronto (#sixvibes). From the Sher club and Virgina Brand Whiskey to investing in tech start ups and acting as a brand ambassador for the Raptors, Drake has embarked on countless business ventures while building his brand. But you’ll never guess what his latest LA-based project is…
Drake’s latest thing is literally paying for giant billboards all over LA. What do these billboards say you may wonder? Well, they’re promoting Canada’s ability to get along wih one another – how relevant. Although these billboards are actually an ad campaign to promote his latest OVO merch, kudos to Drake for showing his Canadian pride (and maybe inspiring some envy among our southern neighbours).
These billboards have caused a slight bit of controversy for LA residents and Americans in general – from capitalizing on tragedy as a promotion tool to the word Canada not being capitalized, these signs seem to be making people mad. That being said, we love them! What do you think about Drake’s latest ad campaign? Let us know what you think in the comment section below or by tagging @stcathys on social media.
Who doesn’t love a sunny weekend in Montreal? With such a rainy summer, the nice weather absolutely must be leveraged. Whether you’re looking to head out on the town or hang at a beach, we’ve compiled a list of perfect activities to check out this July weekend in the city.
Check out Montreal’s latest ‘gram-able food spot
Les Gourmandises de Peyto just launched the most aesthetic and delicious looking treat in the city! This newly launched Montreal cafe is not only quite charming but houses the city’s first official Doughnut-Smoothie. This is the perfect weekend treat, as it is a slightly healthier version of the popular doughnut-milkshake trend that has taken Instagram by storm.
Brunch on a boat
Do I really need to explain myself on this one – I mean what’s better than brunch? Brunch on a boat! Cruise around Old Port while enjoying afternoon snacks and a little bit of bubbly on Croisiere AML’s brunch cruise!
Hang out at Clocktower Beach
As mentioned, Montreal has definitely not had the warmest or sunniest summer. With nice weather this weekend, take the time to work on your tan or simply enjoy the sunshine at Clocktower Beach. This is one place that has to be visited at least once a summer, so why not this weekend?
Buy a Cactus
There’s a huge cactus and succulent sale this weekend in Montreal! Take this opportunity to add some greenery to your life. Whether you’re a seasoned cactus lover (and there are many in this city) or simply want to expand your horizons, Electrik Kopper Tattoo’s cactus sale is sure to be a nice outing for a sunny Saturday.
Get your cinema fix at Fantasia International Film Festival
Enjoy Montreal’s native film festival – Fantasia International Film Festival. This festival has gained some serious momentum since its inception in 1996, now being one of the country’s most popular cinematic festivals. Get you cinema critic on and check out one of the movies open to public viewing this weekend.
What will you get up to this weekend? Let us know in the comment section below or share your experience by tagging @stcathys on Instagram.
Guys, Montreal’s best weekend is almost upon us. Yes, you guessed it, Osheaga Music and Arts festival is just around the corner. With over 100 great artists, it’s hard to narrow down which sets are worth checking out. To make it slightly easier, we’ve reviewed the schedule and narrowed down the top 5 must-see artists for each festival day. Read below to find out which 15 sets made our list!
- Griz – EDM lovers, you won’t want to miss this artists’ set.
- Justice – Justice is the perfect set to get you and your friends up and dancing!
- Lorde – The songbird’s set is sure to hit you right in the feels.
- Milky Chance – This indie rock band will not only having you feeling the vibes, but the talented musicians are sure to amaze you as well.
- MGMT – Iconic psychedelic rock band is making a stop in Montreal. This set will make you a true Weekend Warrior.
- Broken Social Scene – Indie rockers and festival goers alike are sure to love this band’s upbeat yet cool vibe.
- Cage the Elephant – We can sum our reasoning up for seeing these guys in a few simple words: There ain’t no rest for the wicked.
- Lil Uzi Vert – Hang with the hippest festival goers while Lil Uzi Vert performs his latest album The Perfect Luv Tape.
- Major Lazor – Jam out to some of the summer’s greatest hits at this evening set.
- Muse – Don’t miss Saturday’s headliners, soft rock band Muse. With many hits and creative songwriting alike, true music lovers are sure to enjoy this set.
- Flatbush Zombies – Hip Hop lovers can’t miss Flatbush Zombies. With an amazing album drop this year and a reputation for insanely high energy sets, this is one performance you won’t want to miss.
- The Weeknd – The Starboy himself will be gracing Osheaga with his presence. Show your support for this Toronto-native with the other 100 thousand screaming fans on Sunday night.
- Die Antword – Ready to get freaky? South African hip hop Die Antword sure is. Ninja, Yolandi and producer God are sure to put on an unforgettable show with arguably some of the most fun songs of the weekend.
- Foster the People – What better way to spend an afternoon than listening to Foster the People’s indie pop music live in the sun at Parc Jean Drapeau (trick question, there is none).
- Phantogram – Having been sampled by Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, and A$AP Rocky, making great music is only Phantogram’s day job. You will want to see this set as they mix sounds from rock, hip hop, and electronic music. It’s only a matter of time before the trio blows up, so get ahead of the crowd and check out this genre-defying band’s set at Osheaga.
Will you cop a pair of Osheaga tickets to see these (and more) artist? Check out the full lineup and exact set times as well as stages for each of the mentioned artists by clicking here. Which artists are you dying to see? Let us know in the comment section below.
Are you still looking for a place to stay? We’ve got you covered, stay with us! Click here to find out more. See you at the festival!